Centralised Mechanical Extract Ventilation (cMEV) is a whole dwelling ventilation system that extracts air continuously at a low rate.
- Designed with multiple extract points.
- To draw moisture laden air out of the wet rooms like kitchen, bathroom and utility.
- To provide a quieter and more efficient system compared to separate fans.
- Central unit – Mounted in a loft or cupboard.
- Extract Duct – connected to central unit to extract
polluted air from wet rooms.
- To remove pollutants such as moisture, CO2, VOC,
- To maintain good indoor air quality.
- To create a better living environment.
- German manufactured EC motors.
- Ease of assembly.
- Large range of accessories.
- SAP appendix Q testing with 75mm and 90mm semi-rigid pipe.
cMEV units – additional features
- The standard humidity sensor increases the fan speed to remove excess moisture.
- Manual boost, Can be wired to a PIR for proximity boosting.
- Saving energy and reducing noise.
Mechanical Extract Ventilation (cMEV)
The PHS MEV-H unit from Passive House Systems is an SAP approved, low-energy, continuous mechanical extract ventilation system designed with multiple extract points to simultaneously draw moisture-laden air out of the wet rooms, whilst minimising the migration of humidity to other rooms.
SAP-PCDB Test Results
The system continuously operates at a low level to ensure that the home is correctly ventilated, providing all year round good indoor air quality. Incorporated within the MEV unit is the variable humidity control as standard, which constantly monitors the humidity level, meaning no user intervention is required. As humidity rises and falls, the motor speed rises and falls in direct correlation. This controls condensation quietly and efficiently, reducing the periods of time when the system operates at maximum speed, saving energy.
Design and Supply
We will design and supply a whole house/apartment extract system that will provide continuous renewal of the air and meet building regulations. We have a large range of MEV & HRV machines, pipework, and accessories to choose from.